Saturday, February 26, 2011

Japanese Lesson 58: Hiragana Reading Practice 3 英語の読み方の練習

This is a continuation of the story "Let's Be Friends Again" by Hans Wilhelm. The original Japanese text can be viewed here.

--------------------------

(pg 5)

Original text:
ねるまえに、おはなしをしてやるときはおとなしく、きいているんだけど。

Words separated:
ねる まえ に、おはなし を して やる とき は おとなしく きいているん だけど。

English alphabet:
neru mae ni, ohanashi o shite yaru toki wa otonashiku kiiteirun dakedo.

--------------------------

Meaning:

ねる まえ に、おはなし を して やる とき は おとなしく きいているん だけど。

ねる 
sleep

まえ 
before

に
that point

おはなし
talking 

を
particle placed before action verb 

して
to do 

やる
(to do) something for someone
 
とき
when 

は
 
おとなしく
quiet 

きいているん
listen 

だけど。
but

Original English:
But she was a good listener when I told her bedtime stories.

Direct translation from the Japanese text:
But before going to bed, I would tell her stories and she would listen quietly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to ask questions here. I will usually answer within one day.